* Program sold through the Training Peaks website, prices in USD.
This program is perfect for
Getting strong for your mountain adventures with minimal equipment.
About the program
Strength training is a long-overlooked part of optimal training for endurance sports, and especially important for demanding outdoor sports such as hillwalking, fell running and mountaineering.
The aim of this program is to provide an effective strength training program that can be done alongside your regular outdoor activities or combined with other aerobic training
It's is designed to be done at home with a few key pieces of equipment, but can also be done in a commercial gym or the 'training area' of most indoor climbing walls.
- 3-4 strength training workouts per week. With warm-up instructions and high-quality coaching videos for every exercise.
- A 10 page Ebook with everything you need to know about the program and how to make it your own.
- A 10 page Ebook on mobility. Complete with multiple do-at-home assessments and routines to add to your plan.
- Support through email and social media to answer any questions or queries.
- Written by a qualified personal trainer and mountain professional.
- An exercise mat or, comfortable surface to lie on.
- A set of resistance bands, either large loop or tube bands with handles are fine.
- A pull-up bar.
- A suspension trainer or set of gymnastic rings
- A set of 'mini band' or 'thigh band' resistance bands
RISE FITNESS programs different?
All our programs use the revolutionary Training Peaks app.
View your plan online or on the mobile app
Receive notifications of your scheduled workouts for the day
Review and modify your workouts, and track your progress over time.
And that's not all, you also get:
A detailed overview outlining how to follow the program, and the training principles behind it all.
Mobility assessments and routines to help you get the best out of your training and support your health whether you're in the mountains or at home.
High-quality exercise demonstration videos and instructions from a qualified personal trainer.
Outdoors sports aren't just about being fit, technical skill and mental attitude are just as important. We encourage you to get out in the mountains and practice your skills as much as possible.