* Program sold through the Training Peaks website, prices in USD.
This program is perfect for
Treks and long distance walks anywhere in the world.
About the program
Whether you're heading halfway across the world or staying closer to home, a high altitude trek or long-distance walk is an amazing experience, and those memories will stay with you forever.
However, all that time in the mountains is tough on your body, so you need to be fit and strong to get the most out of your trip.
You are not going to believe the progress you can make in just a few months, with quality programming and a bit of hard work!
In this 20-week training program;
- You're going to build a huge aerobic base so you can cruise along day after day on your trek, just taking in the views.
- You are going to build a solid foundation of full-body strength, to power you up steep mountainsides or long snowfields.
- Those knees, ankles and hips. They are going to be bulletproof by the end of this plan. So you can amble downhill without a worry.
We love the process of training. And we hope that in following this plan you will also push your self outside your comfort zone, increase your knowledge of how to train your body, and be in the best possible fitness for your adventure.
- 2 strength training workouts per week. With warm-up instructions and high-quality coaching videos for every exercise.
- 3-4 aerobic sessions per week. Including long mountain walks, most weeks.
- A 23 page Ebook with everything you need to know about the program and how to make it your own.
- A 10 page Ebook on mobility. Complete with multiple do-at-home assessments and routines to add to your plan.
- Support through email and social media to answer any questions or queries.
- Written by a qualified and insured personal trainer and mountain professional.
- An exercise mat or, comfortable surface to lie on.
- A set of resistance bands, either large loop or tube bands with handles are fine.
- A set of 'mini band' or 'thigh band' resistance bands
- A suspension trainer or set of gymnastic rings
- A pair of small dumbbells. Ones that are adjustable up to around 10kg are good.
RISE FITNESS programs different?
All our programs use the revolutionary Training Peaks app.
View your plan online or on the mobile app
Receive notifications of your scheduled workouts for the day
Review and modify your workouts, and track your progress over time.
And that's not all, you also get:
A detailed overview outlining how to follow the program, and the training principles behind it all.
Mobility assessments and routines to help you get the best out of your training and support your health whether you're in the mountains or at home.
High-quality exercise demonstration videos and instructions from a qualified personal trainer.
Outdoors sports aren't just about being fit, technical skill and mental attitude are just as important. We encourage you to get out in the mountains and practice your skills as much as possible.